I'm trying to loose some weight. Well, if you think about it, Im trying to gain weight through loosing some first. Muslces are heavier than fat, you know.
I did a lot of sports a year ago. I played soccer 3 times a week. 2 training sessions and a game at the weekend. Thanks to that I didnt had to look at what I was eating. I ate everything unhealthy and it didnt matter.
But now, after over a year of sitting in front of my pc, playing games and still eating all that crap, I gained some fat rolls.
After my first soccer training (that was 4 weeks ago) I realized how hard my stamina dropped down over the last year. I was stuned how fast I couldnt run anymore and when I think back and remember that I could run 2 1/2 hours in training sessions with no real problems, I came to the conclusion that it cant go on like that.
So I grouped together with some friends, joined a local soccer club and started doing something. After finding Trainers Blog and stealing some ideas from there, I actually got some results after the first month.
Some results are just the ones I wanted:
- I lost some weight (not much but hey, its a result, right)
- I notice that my stamina is going up
- I feel more... refreshed, with more power for the day
- I sleep better at night (was actually not a real problem but I dont wake up at night anymore now)
and there are some results that may not be planned:
- I never felt so broke the day after my first training and my muscle ache lasted for 4 days (now it only lasts for one day)
- a friend has overstretched his bands on his right foot. At first it looked like a ligament rupture ( I had one myself when I was younger. NO fun, believe me) but it wasnt that bad in the end
- I overstretched my right foot a little and now its like small dragging pain every time I stretch it.
No gain without pain, right?